Now that it's May and everything- here's the dress! Yahoo!
The "Drop it Like it's Haute" Dress
I’ll admit, that it’s not the most flattering style in the whole world. No bust, no waist, focal point on hips kind of works against the female figure. Regardless, there is something so freeing about the style. I can only imagine what it was like for women back in the day when they first chopped their hair and threw corsets aside. It’s no wonder that lifestyles, music, and dancing got a whole lot more free at the same time. If I knew more than just two moves (learned from watching It’s a Wonderful Life) I would have busted out The Charleston for the camera.
(I was trying to do a Clara Bow thing with my hair, but it’s just getting too long to even fake a bob. Oh well.)
- Fabric: Very thin aqua cotton.
- Pattern: McCall’s 4825
- Year: The pattern is ca. 2000, but the style is oh, so 20s.
- Notions: Zipper, thread, fabric for lining.
- Time to complete: 5 hours
- First worn: For photos.
- Wear again? The ruffles are a little young for me, but I love the color.
- Total price: $0 – everything was from my stash.