The Wedding is just shy of two weeks away and, not surprisingly, most of my attention has been put toward a dress for that occasion. However, I did manage to kick out a simple little number (made of fabric I had lying around) for a shower my mom threw for me in California.
The top is a white cotton with tiny red and green tulips. The bodice has a seam down the middle, so I lined it up so the tulips are vertical from the center seam. I thought that was a nice touch.
The gathered skirt (with pockets, thank you very much) is leftover fabric from the Annie Dress (May 2009). I added some thick grosgrain ribbon at the waist to give the appearance of a waistband. All in all, pretty cute.
Because of the recent time constraints, I have been working mostly with sewing patterns. This one is Simplicity 1803, which I just might revisit at some point.
Onward to August. Lots of changes ahead!